SEO is something that all businesses need to be concerned with today. It doesn’t matter what type of company you operate or your target demographic; having a dominant online presence is a necessity. So, with that being said, let’s take a look at some SEO tips for noobs to get you started…
1. Use Google Analytics to track your keyword performance. After all, how do you expect to improve your marketing efforts if you do not know how you are performing at present?
2. Develop relationships with other websites. Incorporating links into your content, and getting others to do the same for your company, is a great way to boost your search engine ranking. However, don’t just choose any old website to partner up with. Make sure it is a high-authority website, i.e. one with a considerable audience which is relevant to your business.
3. Create content that is original, interesting, and engaging. Regurgitating content isn’t going to get you very far.
4. Make sure your images have descriptions. Search engines cannot see images as we can, so you need to add a description to make your website more prominent in search engine result pages.
5. Incorporate keywords naturally. Gone are the days of the more keywords, the better. If your content looks like it has been keyword stuffed, this can actually have a negative impact on your ranking.
6. Avoid flash. Flash may make your website look pretty, but it can ruin your SEO strategy.
7. Make sure your URLs are search-engine friendly. Name them with clear keywords.
8. Create a sitemap. A sitemap is a page that lists all of the other pages on your website and links to them. This makes it easier for spiders to search your website.
9. Link back to yourself. This is one of the most basic yet essential SEO strategies. Integrate internal links to improve traffic to your individual pages.
10. Constantly review your strategy. The world of SEO is ever changing. If you don’t move with the times, you are only going to get left behind.